Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fact or Fiction?

Although Halloween is over, and this subject is much in that spirit, I've decided to discuss this anyways. The subject of course, is the occult. Occult refers to anything hidden--that is, witches and magick, spirits and other entities. For as long as I can remember, I've been surrounded and fascinated by the occult. I look back in fond memory upon stories told by adults at the end of a family get together, stories about spirits of family members who've passed on that they claim to have seen or encounters with witches, or of cursed treasures lying in wait in ancient pyramids of their home country, or at the bottom of a lake. Then there are stories of fairy-like creatures most of us or our parents would refer to as duendes, mischievous little spirits who often take our belongings and hide or misplace them. I've had my run-ins with spirits and other creatures. One of the oldest and most prominent of my memories is that of a shadow person (shadow people are considered to be non-human entities; some people believe they are demons). I also recall seeing the spirit of my grandmother walking into our kitchen on the night of her funeral. These are things that would scare most people, and spark skepticism in others. I can't deny their existence, I've always believed that there are beings other than ourselves manifesting themselves in this world. What to do you believe?

2 comments:

Freelot said...

I dont do any halloween but always sence i was a little boy i believe that halloween is for not believer guess cause of all the costumes and stuff. its very demonic for me.

Per.2
Jesse

blah.! said...

I THINK THIS IS TRUE .THEIR IS THING OCULT THAT WE DONT KNOW ABOUT. HALLOWEEN CAN BE A FUN DAY. BUT IT IS ALSO A DAY TO THINK WHAT IS OCULT IN THE WORLD.
PER 2
DOUGLAS

Post a Comment