Monday, November 9, 2009

Forgive and Forget

Oftentimes we may find that letting go of the past is easier said than done. There is no easy way to lay to rest the memories and thoughts in our minds; one may find that it is impossible. On every corner lie reminders so that we cannot forget, and remembering may begin to feel like a curse. And the simple truth is that we cannot erase our pasts, we cannot outrun our conscience or our actions. I myself have found it impossible to forget anything for very long. It's difficult to let go of bad memories when they're tied to some of the best you've had. I can't always look back in fond memory, and when that's the case, old feelings are conjured up, things I don't care to ponder, and even so, I can't stop. So what do I do? I write lyrics. I give every feeling shape and form and turn them into words. It's my own personal form of psychotherapy. It allows me to circumspect my thoughts and actions and derive therefrom some truth and serenity. So how do you attain peace of mind?

3 comments:

Freelot said...

I guess for allot of people is very hard leting go of the past because it brings allot of very bad memories, i guess for some people its very easy to for get the past. But in my opinion its very hard, i just can not for get the bad stuff.

Per.2
Jesse

silva said...

i think that it is harder to forgive and forget because their mite be something that someone has done for you. that means you have to make the effort of the memory that you have or don't like to forget because something bad has happen. then you must have to make the effort of forgetting and forgiving that past

karen said...

its so true what you say and i personally think that is beautiful what you wrote. sometimes we try hard to get rid of our memories or past but i think that its something impossible and its just a waste of time.Like they say everything happends for a reason right? so might as well just learn from it good or bad.

Post a Comment